Dr. Elizabeth A Mikola Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth A Mikola?

Question your doctors and when in doubt get a 2nd opinion!

She looked at my daughters MRI very briefly and basically said it will heal on it's own. 2nd doctor at same facility looked at the MRI and saw many issues with her problem area. Mikola seemed aloof and not very caring for her patients. Even the 2nd doctor was visibly shocked when we informed her of Mikola's diagnosis.

I had multiple hand surgeries with little pain and few problems. Everything worked out great - even regained full use of my hand before I ever left the day surgery office (after not being able to even hold a spoon for months)

Misdiagnosis

I sent to see Dr. Mikola because of an acute hand injury I sustained months before. I strained or tore muscles or tendons in the palm of my hand, and it wasn't healing. Mikola took an x-ray and said that I had arthritis. I may have had some indication of ongoing arthitis in a joint, but that doesn't explain the severe pain I have. I definitely tore something during an accident, but Mikola jumped to the easiest conclusion. The problem is that you can see things on an x-ray that may or may not be what is causing sharp pain. My wife was hit by a car years ago, and doctors saw all kinds of things on her x-rays. The doctor who actually helped her diagnosed a soft tissue injury, and his subsequent treatment solved the problem. Mikola did not listen to me when I described the injury, and did no range of motion testing on my hand. She is an example of what is wrong with our medical system-doctors who don't use common sense in diagnosis, run up big bills for nontreatment.

If you value your time, DO NOT go to this doctor! She scheduled 8 surgeries for 15 minutes each, with no additional time factored in. Surgery was more than 4 hours late - not including the time to check in, see the nurses or anethesiologist...