Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth O'Hearn has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Elizabeth O'Hearn has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. O'Hearn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kennedy Kreiger Institute
28 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Elizabeth O'Hearn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.