Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe
Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sparks, NV, with another office in Reno, NV. She has 10 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Jaffe is affiliated with Renown Regional Medical Center, Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center. and Northern Nevada Medical Center. Dr. Jaffe has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
I have been seeing Dr Jaffe for several years. I have always found her to be caring and knowledgable. My whole family sees her, and we have recommended her to our freinds.
Dr. Jaffe has been my doctor for years, in fact, she's been my whole family's doc for a very long time. She was very thorough when diagnosing my chronic condition, something most doctor's wouldn't have found in the first place. She has a great memory for remembering my personal non-health related problems and always catches up at appointments. Plus, she refers when she needs to, which I think is great. Her staff has changed quite a bit for the last couple years, but now that she's at St. Mary's, I'm hoping that will change - although the front office seemed like they wanted nothing to do with work last time I was in. Her Medical Assistants are quiet and sometimes that is for the best.
Dr. Jaffe spends extensive time with me and gets to the root of the problem rather than just find a quick and easy "bandaid" solution. She has been my Dr. for 5 years and has seen me for numerous reasons ranging from mild illness to chronic conditions. She not only has the clinical experience to treat but a warm and caring heart for her patients. I am extremely particular about my healthcare providers and cannot think of anyone I would rather have as my primary care physician than Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jaffe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Renown Regional Medical Center
Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center.
Northern Nevada Medical Center
10 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sparks, NV.