Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth Ramos has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth Ramos has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
Dr. Elizabeth Ramos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
I have to give it to her. She is always untime. However, I would rather if she was late, than to be so uncouth, condescending, and insulting. She spends more time on the computer updating how many vitamins you are taking than she does with the patient. She overdiagnose and sends to too many specialists unnecessarily. I saw her approximately three times and that was three times too many. I don't know if her staff trained her to be rude, or she trained them; but they are certainly "birds of a feather". When I went to work and expressed my disgust with internist, four of my coworkers overheard the conversation, and knew exactly who I was talking about, before I even mentioned her name. She likes to argue with the patients( I can only speak for myself). But I have sat in her office and overheard her secretary flat out arguing with a patient that was standing right in front of her. That's the secretary that buzz you in the door and does not acknowledge you when you enter. You only know that you are there when the Dr Ramos calls you into her chamber. The lady that does the blood work(not sure if she is still there) does not introduce herself. She just tells you to "go on the scale, sit on the bed", takes your blood pressure, obtain your labs, and hands you a cup for urine collection. No verbal communication at all. I positive Dr Ramos is convinced as I am that she has entered the wrong field of practice. What a waste of college.
Dr. Ramos shouldn't be in the field of medicine, shouldn't deal with patients, shloudn' interact with human beings. She is everything other people have mentioned: arrogant, rude, dismissive, insulting, etc.etc. Her nurse and her receptionist are equally contemptuous and unpleasant. I felt disrespected, humiliated, abused. Worst experience I have ever had in a doctor's office. I marked one star but Dr. R. and her practice deserve none.
Her AND her staff are extremely rude and nasty! Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. I saw her twice and that was twice too many. They are HORRIBLE!!!! All the "good" reviews must be written from someone in her office because there is no way on this earth anyone in their right mind can think that the way you are treated by the doctor and her staff in this office is acceptable.
33 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1985
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Elizabeth Ramos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWeill Cornell Medical College, 160 E 72nd St, New York, NY
Dr. Elizabeth Ramos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.