Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth A Rook
Dr. Elizabeth A Rook, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Palm Springs, CA, with another office in Monterey Park, CA. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Rook is affiliated with Sherman Oaks Hospital, California Hospital Medical Center and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Rook has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth A Rook has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
I read the abusive reviews and whoever wrote each one have problems above and beyond what any Internist is expected to do for a patient. Please leave attitudes at home or at least at the door. No one can deal with someone else's nasty attitudes, yes, even if you're in a lot of pain. It never helps with communication needs. I've seen Dr Rook for a year and I call her one of my best friends. And no, I don't know her well enough to hang out with her beyond the office setting. I find her upbeat attitude is delightful and even refreshing. Then again, it takes two to tango. We giggle at our silly banters with each other and I for one enjoy the mental challenge. Then again, that's my personality. All others need to get over themselves and take a cleansing breath. It really does work. In summary, I will say it again just in case you didn't get it the first time. Dr Rook rocks!
Doctor was pleasent but did not take care of the problem I came to her about. Went out of my way to get xray's from another doctor and had a set done at another hospital she did not review any of them with me did not even look at them. I believe my case was to difficult for her to understand. I asked her about the swelling in my hand and knuckle which that's what I came to her for and she said I dont know and to see another doctor.
Dr. Rook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Elizabeth A Rook accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth A Rook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Springs, CA.