Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth S Saarni
Dr. Elizabeth S Saarni, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. She has 44 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Saarni is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Coronado Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth S Saarni has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth S Saarni has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 3
I went to see Dr. Saarni for the exact reason another post had an issue with her. I have a complicated case and wanted my primary to have a good handle on it with the different specialist I had. If you want cookie cutter medicine than don't see Dr Saarni, if you want someone who will listen and really take an interest than she is that person. She is not going to be doing brain surgery so taking the time and trying to know the whole patient is important, especially if you want a relationship with your primary, or you can just go to urgent care and be a number.Also the woman with the foot, be your own advocate and call when you don't get a call back. Most not have hurt that much.
I saw Dr. Saarni after a fall and was trying to find out if I had a fracture in my foot. After asking me 20 minutes of personal questions about myself and my family that had nothing to do with my medical history, she finally looked at my foot. She hmmmmed and thought and hmmmmed and thought and then finally said "I don't know what's wrong with it... does it look swollen to you? I think it might be swollen?" What? You're asking me? I was irate. After asking me what I thought we should do she sent me to the hospital for xrays. The hospital said they would have the xrays to her the next day and she should be calling me. After leaving messages with her office for a week she finally called me back to tell me that my xrays didn't show anything and she wasn't sure what else to do. After my suggestion, she recommended me to a podiatrist. After several days I finally recieved the recommendation to the other office... thank God... I will never go to her again.. ever!
Dr. Saarni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth S Saarni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.