Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth G Sanford has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Lung Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Women's Health
- Colon Cancer
- Pelvic Exam
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I have excruciating abdominal pain and ovarian cysts. I have been to several doctors and my friend referred me to Dr. Sanford. My first appt she diagnosed me with endometriosis and set up a surgery date to go in and cauterize it. I have since had many more medical problems but she has helped me solve more than one issue that my other specialist docs can't seem to figure out. She is a wonderful doc and actually cares about her patients they aren't just a paycheck or another number to her.
As an RN I accompanied my wife to Dr. Sanford for her gynecological exam when irregular bleeding started. Dr. Sanford took a biopsy and after receiving results gave my wife a 99.8 assurance she did NOT have any form of cancer. I was still concerned and took her to Swedish. As it turns out my wife had Stage 2b Cervical and is now undergoing chemo and radiation. Horrible diagnosis I sincerely hope Ms. Sanford launches herself into retirement IMMEDIATELY!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Elizabeth G Sanford accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth G Sanford in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth G Sanford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.