Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth A Stephens
Dr. Elizabeth A Stephens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Stephens is affiliated with Providence Portland Medical Center, Adventist Medical Center and Oregon Health Science University Hospital. Dr. Stephens has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth A Stephens has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Lipid Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Showing 1 of 1
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Stephens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Elizabeth A Stephens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Kaiser Permanente
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Medical Group Northeast, 5050 NE Hoyt St Ste 540, Portland, OR
Dr. Elizabeth A Stephens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.