Dr. Elizabeth Stewart Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Stewart?

Posted on May 7th, 2015

SHE IS WORTH EVRY PENNY, WISHED I KNEW HERE YEARS EARLIER

Treatment by Dr. Stewart is Simply Priceless

Posted on September 29th, 2011

I had two extremely large external pedunculated fibroids which were practically suffocating me. Also, it was unthinkable to carry a pregnancy in that condition. The first surgeon I went to (in the area I reside) removed one of the fibroids during an abdominal myomectomy, but left the other one due to its delicate location with respect to the blood supply of the uterus (it was my wish to wake up with a uterus intact). Preserving my uterus was of primary importance to me since I have not had children yet. I definitely needed treatment because the remaining fibroid was suspicious for sarcoma. I found Dr. Stewart by reading information on the Internet about clinical trials on treatment of fibroids using MRI guided surgery. Then I read all the doctor profiles on the Mayo clinic web page, and concluded that I need to hear her opinion on my treatment options. I understood that traditional surgery by a very skilled surgeon is perhaps my best option, but being the head of research in her Department, I wanted to know Dr. Stewart's opinion. She explained to me the situation in greatest detail, extremely caring and at the same time decisive. When choosing her, I had no idea that she is also among the very best surgeons. She had absolutely no problem removing the badly positioned fibroid, without even minimally disturbing the uterus. She took great care to make sure that the tumor did not have the potential to turn malignant by ordering a chromosome study in addition to the typical pathology report (something that was not done by the previous doctor). In addition, compared to the first myomectomy I had with another doctor, the extensive abdominal myomectomy with Dr. Stewart felt like a most minimally invasive painless procedure. Actually not invasive at all - I can finally breath again with all my lung capacity, and most importantly, still have the ability to have children.

Posted on September 2nd, 2010