Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Elizabeth W Ng
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Ng is affiliated with Research Medical Center, Saint Luke's North Hospital Hospital Ear, Nose and Throat Center and Cass Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 1 of 3
Dr. Ng is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY OF KANSAS CANCER CENTER, 12200 W 110th St, Overland Park, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth W Ng, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Overland Park, KS, in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.