- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth W Ng
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS, with another office in Kansas City, MO. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ng is affiliated with Cass Regional Medical Center and Shawnee Mission Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng has 2 locations
12200 W 110th St
Overland Park, KS 66210
Book Online Now
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth W Ng - Posted on January 31st, 2013
She is very caring and makes sure i understand her instructions. She answers all my questions. She even came to a different hospital to check on me, when I had a clot in my leg.
Dr. Ng is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Elizabeth W Ng
A native of the Philippines, Dr. Ng earned her both her undergraduate and doctor of medicine degrees with honors from the University of the Philippines. She completed a three-year internal medicine residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, Ill., in 1996. Dr. Ng continued her training spending the next three years at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Ind., where she finished a hematology/oncology fellowship. She is board certified in both oncology and hematology. Dr. Ng most recently worked at Downeast Community Hospital in Machias, Maine, where she served as Chief of Medicine Service and Medical Director of Oncology. She enjoys traveling. Dr. Ng and her husband like to spend time with their three children.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth W Ng, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Overland Park, KS, in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth W Ng is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.