More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth H Wade has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elizabeth H Wade has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Elizabeth H Wade has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I have to be honest...I loved both doctors in this practice. I had taken my children there for years. They even diagnoised my daughter's bone infection quickly before it caused more issues. I had no issues with this practice until my daughter needed a sports physcial. We could not visit Dr. Wade's office because our insurance would not pay for a new physical yet (a year had not lapsed). I decided to take her to Kroger's Little Clinic. At the Little Clinic, they offered to go ahead and give her immunizations for middle school. This is when the problem started. They called Dr. Wade's office to request her shot record. Dr. Wade's office refused to give the Little Clinic her shot record. This practice is clearly against the law. When I stated my rights and and insisted my daughter's shot record be made available to me, I was told I could find a new doctor. I received a certified letter two days later "breaking up" with us. This was after 11 years, 3 children and always paying my bills! This office is clearly after the money, not the patient care.
My oldest daughter has gone here several years and I'm sorry that she has!It's just so hard to switch to another. There were two times my daughter has ended up in the hospital and this doctor denied anything was wrong with her, really all the times. She always said she has a virus, it'll pass. My daughter almost died a few times. I was the one who saved her life by taking her to the hospital, even then, she called the hospital said to unplug her and send home, she wasn't ok, took to another hospital and she was there for over a week. She seems very prejudice and hates treating children at least with Passport! Also I know of another parent who had Passport and kept taking her daughter there because of ear infections, Dr. Wade would never give an antibiotic, told her it was a virus, now that little girl is completely deaf!!!
Dr. Wade is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Elizabeth H Wade accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & DirectionsPediatric & Neonatal Specialist, 4121 Dutchmans Ln Ste 415, Louisville, KY
Dr. Elizabeth H Wade is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.