Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth S Wettick has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Is a great doctor someone who knows her stuff? Someone who can make a quick diagnosis and recommend effective treatments? Someone who comes off as very empathetic and understanding?Someone who lies to you to avoid confrontation? Someone who promises to follow up with an emergency situation the next day but who deliberately waits until Friday afternoon to have someone else leave a voicemail letting you know you're out in the cold? Someone who actively hides information and refuses to answer direct questions about your medical care?Someone who punishes a patient for not following the unwritten rules by deliberately sabotaging your relationship with future doctors by falsifying or condoning the falsification of, your medical records by filling in the log for a phantom appointment on a date several days after your last real appointment? Someone who has instructed her office staff to tell you that she's seeing a patient and will call you back in an hour with no intention of calling back?Most doctors "look out for number one" to a certain extent, but violating several of the AMA's ethical guidelines to cover up a mistake made by another doctor at the practice shows that the patient isn't even "number two." How far down the list do you want to be the next time you see a doctor?If you go in with a clearly-defined problem that can be fixed with a few unregulated prescriptions, you will find a very pleasant, very competent doctor who seems happy to have helped. Just don't be the patient with the chronic health problem that can be treated but not cured. She won't tell you to leave. She won't even make you leave.She'll just make you very, very willing to go.
20 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Elizabeth S Wettick accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth S Wettick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.