Dr. Elke Friedman Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Elke Friedman?

Dr Friedman

Posted on January 5th, 2017

Very empathetic. Never rushes and thoroughly explains lab results.

Posted on June 17th, 2016

Excellent service and attention. Hopefuly, she has cured me of my breast cancer of over two years ago. She has an excellent reputation and I had great confidence in her, and still do!

Excellent Physician

Posted on October 18th, 2013

Excellent and caring doctor.

Dr. Friedman is amazing!

Posted on July 16th, 2012

I love, love, love Dr. Friedman ... Bottom line: She saved my life. There are not words to express my gratitude or appreciation. I am a HUGE fan!

I'm alive, thanks to Dr. Friedman

Posted on March 30th, 2011

I was diagnosed with Stage IV Cancer nearly 3 years ago...I am so impressed by her knowledge, her tenacity at seeking the BEST treatment for me. She has a network of doctors who she will pick up the phone on my behalf. She has also gone into battle with my Insurance company. And, she will take the time with me to discuss my concerns. I could go on and on. But, I KNOW that I am still alive and kicking, thanks to Dr. Friedman.

Do not recommend for aggressive cancers

Posted on September 10th, 2010

First, I do agree with the previous poster on two things - Dr. Friedman is a very caring doctor with a terrific bedside manner. Also it was difficult to get messages to her and get a response.My biggest concern (and it's a huge one) is that I do not believe she is aggressive enough in treating the more life-threatening cancers.While I was her patient, I developed unusual spots on my CT in another area of my body and she reassured me that these were not metastasis. I asked for a biopsy and she said it shouldn't be done as the spots were too difficult to reach and it wouldn't be worth the risk. After almost a year with the size and number of spots continuing to grow, I changed to another oncologist. He ordered a biopsy and indeed, I DID have metastatic cancer which went untreated for a year. Very sad.

Nurses and medical office staff can impact what a patient thinks about a Doctor

Posted on September 3rd, 2008

Dr Elke Friedman is a very nice person and has great bedside manner, but getting an important message to her through her staff is extremely difficult. They either don't give her messages or she doesn't follow through well with me, as her cancer patient. An extremely specialized doctor from Johns Hopkins Hospital, which Dr. Friedman referred me to and whom agreed to work with her and I, wanted me to contact her and give her a message that he needed one more test done here in Richmond, VA in order for them to develop a treatment plan together. Well, I called her office and left a message with her triage nurse to call me regarding this development and I NEVER heard a word back from her. Now this is extremely stressful for a CANCER patient to be forced to deal with, like I don't have enough to deal with as it is. This world renouned specialist has offered his services FREE OF CHARGE!!! Dr. Friedman's INCOMPETANT staff won't even pick up a phone to let me know they have or have not given her this extremely important message. I have not heard a word from Dr. Friedman either. I have had this problem before with getting them to call me with test results that they had readily available in their office. If I can't communicate with her office staff to at least get a message to her, then how can I feel confident in her ability to properly treat my cancer? She has been a part of my treatment team for two years, but I am going to have to find another doctor who has better communication skills with their staff or has more competant, professional staff. It's pityfull that people don't take any pride in their profession.

Posted on February 21st, 2017