Dr. Elke Jost-Vu Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Elke Jost-Vu?

Posted on November 21st, 2016

I have had cancer twice now so I'm familiar with plenty of doctors. This woman is the only one covered by my insurance for 150 miles. I am always given morning appointments and for some reason she does not even arrive to the office until 30 minutes after I've been sitting there. Every time I actually talk to her she makes rude comments regarding my appearance. The very first time I saw her I was 135 lbs and 5' 4" and she tried to tell me I looked pregnant. When I assured her I wasn't she made comments about my weight. My second time seeing her, same issues! Thank god I only have to see her two more times before I leave this area completely. Would not recommend this person to anyone. Just as a side note, her staff is familiar with her rudeness to patients because whenever I asked to try and get someone else their response was "oh yea we get that a lot."

Thanks A Lot Doc

Posted on November 6th, 2016

She did not want to test my total T4 because "Only the Free T4 is needed." What do you think I'm stupid and I don't realize you're lying to me??? That's like saying total testosterone is not needed, only free testosterone is needed. Chances are, free anything is going to come out within very good range. Only Total anything is truly reliable. It doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't cost anyone anything, but it's a big fat no because she said so. Now, I don't get to find out what MY Total T4 levels are eventhough I'M the one paying her and MY blood test. Even better, my TSH is through the roof and I'm already taking 100mcg of levothyroxine a day and it was completely NORMAL to her. You wanna get treated like this??? You wanna be in my shoes and have to argue with someone so that you can get YOUR OWN blood test and YOUR OWN medication??? THIS IS NOT QUANTIM PHYSICS, IT'S ALMOST 2017 AND EVERYTHING IS A GOOGLE SEARCH AWAY!!! LEARN FOR YOURSELF AND REALIZE HOW CORRUPT DOCTORS ARE!!! THIS IS SIMPLE BASIC SCIENCE GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE WITH HE/SHE IS THE DOCTOR AND YOU'RE NOT!!!

Tittle

Posted on September 14th, 2016

Dr. Jost-Vu is great but I would have shut my mouth up a long time ago about increasing my thyroid medication if Dr. Jost-Vu would have told me that thyroxine turns the osteoblasts in the bones for the bones to be replaced by new bones and too much thyroxine causes the osteoblasts to turn too quickly causing bone loss due to the body not being able to replace the bones fast enough. I had to find this out on my own. I have severe depression and I have attempted suicide by trying to stab myself, trying to overdose, injecting air into my veins, and dropping a toaster in the bathtub. So when I say I need more energy it's not because I'm a typical little boy looking for drugs it's because I'm a patient in need of help. Her nurse Maria and all her staff are outstanding!!

Excellent

Posted on August 25th, 2016

Dr. Jost-Vu is a very good doctor. She cares and she knows the truth about testosterone levels which many doctors are ignorant about. When she talks to you she looks like she geniunly cares about you. I just wish she would have told me that too much thyroid hormone turns the osteoblasts too fast and therefore does not allow the body to replace the bones fast enough leading to bone loss. If she would have told me this I would have shut up about increasing the dose on my thyroid medication a long time ago. I just have severe depression to the point that I have injected air in my veins and dropped a toaster in the bathrub hahaha so I was desperate to have more energy to at least eat and shower. I thought more would be better but after having to do my own research I realize it's not in this particular case. Doctors need to inform and educate their patients - it's not complex stuff - we have brains too lol. A reason is always better than a "Because I said so." especially when you're the one paying them. I'm not getting anything for free. Also either I'm paranoid or she wrote something on my medical report which my GP saw and got mad at me about. I get bullied and treated like trash by everyone everywhere so it could have just been my GP getting angry at my little kid face and skinny body. Her staff is fantastic!!

Posted on July 29th, 2016

I went to Dr. Yost-Vu to get a 2nd opinion for my type 2 diabetes. She gave me a test and discovered my body produced no insulin. She took me off 5 pills and had me stop taking 4 shots per day. She put me on an insulin pump and after three years with her my A1C levels and daily sugar levels have dropped significantly. She's great!

Posted on March 6th, 2016

I'm happy to finally have an MD that listens to me and lets me know exactly what I need to do. She is the first person to diagnose my thyroid condition.

Lacks Caring

Posted on January 21st, 2014

Wish I could give NEGATIVE STARS. She is rude, uncaring and all she knows about you are the numbers she is reading on the papers or computer in front of her. I fired her and walked out. I have never had a Doctor that would not listen to your concerns but talks down to the patient because she can not explain what she is trying to do to you. It was a frustrating waste of 18 months.

Posted on May 5th, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor under any circumstances! Terrible care and no heart at all when it comes to listening ot your concerns or questions!

Posted on February 21st, 2017