More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellen M Altenburg MD
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Melbourne, FL, with other offices in Melbourne, FL and Melbourne, FL (and 1 other location). Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Altenburg is affiliated with Holmes Regional Medical Surgery Unit. She speaks English.
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg has 4 locations
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen M Altenburg - Posted on February 1st, 2019
Incompetent Office Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen M Altenburg - Posted on December 3rd, 2018
I have a little girl that has been sick (off and on) for over 2 months. I was unhappy with the care she was getting in another area of Melbourne so we decided to change doctors. Since she was a new patient, we had to wait for about a month for an appointment. That is totally understandable and so we waited for our "appointment". Well, when my wife brought our (sick again) daughter for her appointment, she was told that her appointment was never actually put into the system. The office associate remembered the name and writing the info down but "forgot" to put the info into the computer system. So, instead of having some peace of mind in having our daughter seen by a doctor, we now have to call back the same incompetent worker and hope for a new appointment. No one could help my wife WHILE SHE WAS THERE! Dr. Altenburg, you need to understand that your front office represents you before a patient even receives your care. When they make a little girls health seem like something that can wait, then it takes away from anything positive you may be able to do for her. Mistakes happen. I get that. But what happened to taking care of those mistakes expeditiously? What happened to the "care" aspect of healthcare?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen M Altenburg - Posted on July 8th, 2018
We love her!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen M Altenburg - Posted on May 28th, 2018
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Altenburg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ellen M Altenburg is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.