Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellen K Athens DO
Dr. Ellen K Athens, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Taylor, MI, with another office in Taylor, MI. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Ellen K Athens has 2 locations
15100 S Plaza Dr
Taylor, MI 48180
Book Online Now
Dr. Ellen K Athens has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ellen K Athens has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen K Athens - Posted on January 27th, 2016
Will never go back!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen K Athens - Posted on March 27th, 2013
I have been the Athens Clinic 4 times. 1 time to see Tara the NP and she was great. The other 3 times to see Dr. Ellen. Everytime I would wait at least a hour to see if not longer not to mention the long wait in the room. Her staff and herself are always rushing around and always have an excuse why they are late. She doesn't take the time to listen. She wants you to make an appoitnment for every little thing. She talks to fast and rushes through everything. My last appointment was gorrific. She was very defensive and rude when I explained my concerns. I've never been to a doctor like her. I have spoke with other people who have went to her. It seems like her long time patients love ger but other do not. I myself will be having my records transferred to a nee doctor.
Dr. Ellen is a very good doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen K Athens - Posted on March 14th, 2010
Ellen is very knowledgeable. When she diagnoses me or my friend, she also hands out informational pamphlets with exercises or detailed descriptions of the diagnoses. She writes out my cholesterol numbers on a paper along with the triglycerides, ldl, hdl, etc. She also hands out a paper about what to eat to keep your cholesterol levels low. She is caring and explains things carefully. I've been going to the Athens Clinic for about 12 years now and I love it.
Most uncaring doctor I have ever been visited
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen K Athens - Posted on October 1st, 2008
40 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Ellen K Athens Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Ellen K Athens
Our clinic has extended office hours on Monday & Thursday evenings until 7pm. We have voice mail that instructs patients in cases of emergency & directs them to a message center that will contact the PCP that is on call if necessary.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen K Athens, DO - Family Medicine in Taylor, MI, in this video.
Dr. Ellen K Athens is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Taylor, MI.