Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellen D Birenbaum
Dr. Ellen D Birenbaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Birenbaum is affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Dr. Birenbaum has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Ellen D Birenbaum has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 35
Warning: This review contains graphic descriptions that may inspire you to select Dr. Ellen Birenbaum~~a dazzling tour de force~~as your PCP. Dr. Birenbaumâs smarts, attentiveness & performance are eye-catching, mouth-watering, blood-tingling, hair-raising & mind-bending. Sheâs patient with patients & customizes a blueprint for only you [WooHoo!]. We brainstormed, then she performed her magic...with an ingenious personalized touch that hit the bullâs eye of my needs [ooh-lÃ -lÃ ]. No sales pitch, no rushing me, no scowls about my bothers. Wisdom is her reward for a lifetime of listening to your wishes and issues. Sheâs soft as a swan, sharp, sublime & superior. [Wowsa!] Youâll leave Dr. Ellen's office glowing, glistening, gleaming and renewed...yippee!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Birenbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Ellen D Birenbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen D Birenbaum in this video.
Dr. Ellen D Birenbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.