Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen E Frechette has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
I don't know what more you could want in a personal physician. She's warm, friendly, VERY knowledgeable and communicates a genuine concern for her patient's well-being. I have been under her care for about two years and, at a time when I am hearing a lot of complaints from other senior citizens about doctors who don't listen or take enough time with their patients, I feel Very fortunate to have her as my doctor.
Dr. Frechette is an excellent physician when you are seeking someone with strong clinical skills as well as a professional with whom you can collaborate in your treatment. I appreciate the conversational style and the patient/physician partnership instead of just told what to do. I feel very lucky to have found her.
Dr. Frechette is warmly focused on her patient, simultaneously assessing concerns and diagnosing. Good balance of medicine and common sense, humor and levity. Exceptional memory of patient history. Referrals to other specialties made when appropriate. Hard to believe this is only her third year of practice. So, patients receive the latest informed up to date medical care. Waiting not a problem. I gave a five minute wait time since we, my mother and I are sometimes late. Our unscheduled timing is in tune.The only reason scheduling with Dr. Frechette might be difficult is that she is a highly preferred physician. When needing to see a general practitioner immediately, VMMC scheduling makes it easy to get someone else in GenMed same day or next. Dr. Frechette is one of the highly skilled general practitioners who has ?tolerated complex stressful periods at VMMC,as fine doctors were leaving the clinic. I'm glad she remained.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Ellen E Frechette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 9th Ave, Seattle, WA
Dr. Ellen E Frechette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.