Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen K Heyneman has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Ellen K Heyneman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRady Childrens Specialists, 3665 Kearny Villa Rd Ste 101, San Diego, CA
Dr. Ellen K Heyneman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.