Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen F Liuzza has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ellen F Liuzza has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ellen F Liuzza has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
Don't ask for a sick note verifying you are sick (vomiting due to a stomach virus.) She will tell you she can't do that, you must apply for FMLA???? Most importantly, if your back hurts, she will assume it is a muscle spasm with no physical examination. She will prescribe muscle relaxants. When that doesn't work, she will call in narcotic pain killers. When the vomiting starts, she will call in Phenergen. You go to the ER and find your ureter is blocked by swollen lymph nodes. The back pain was kidney pain... which every Dr knows is a possibility even in back in med school. You end up with a Ureter stent and on steroids. She should not be able to practice. My family should have reported her to the medical association and sued her for malpractice.... but we were too busy fighting for our loved one's life. Every word of this review can be proven.
I have seen this doctor probably 4-5 times in the last several years. She at first was very helpful during original exam. However the last 2-3 times i have gone she told me she would give me muscle relaxers and another medication, when i went to the pharamacy both times they weren't there. I have been struggling with muscle spasms and depression for the last several years-and am in need of this medication. On the last visit i was scheduled for 5 days ago, she called me yesterday trying to make the appointment sooner-wanting to leave, not sure why. I couldn't make the appointment any earlier-and will have to reschedule again-probably won't be seen again for another 5-6 days-being so busy. very frustrated!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
25 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Ellen F Liuzza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ellen F Liuzza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.