Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen Mc Ewen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Doctors come and go, but Dr. McEwen is a keeper! She was my primary care physician for many years, during which time she successfully guided me through several health crises. She is dedicated, thorough, and caring - the ultimate medical professional. I lost touch with her several years ago, after her new relocation stopped accepting my health insurance plan, but I would gratefully accept an opportunity to become her patient again! Dr. McEwen is THE perfect physician!
Dr. Ellen McEwen is cold and judgmental. She helped me in no way. I was rushed to the E.R in extreme pain. All she could focus on was criticizing me about my "ability to make life decisions" referring to my work and education. She assumed I was homeless, right after I had told her I had 2 homes. Poor listening skills, no compassion, very bitter. You can see right away she only became a doctor for status and money. Find someone else unless you want to be belittled and stressed out when you are trying to heal.
Dr. McEwen is different from others Drs. When I met her I was pretty shy about seing a doctor, they don't take their time to get to know you and to actually take time to leasen to my problem. I was so happy to find her and to be able to be open with her and to actually have a woman Dr. who cares, as well I was sad to know that she had to move to a diffent location and a field that won't be able to see me as my personal Dr. I do see her once a year for my once a year check up for my work. And I do love seeing her and what I love about her is that she does not forget her pacients name always greeting you with a big smile and she's honest when she says.......good to see you, even tho in this sercustances, but it is good to see you!
Dr. Mc Ewen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Monterey Care Center
25 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Ellen Mc Ewen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMonterey Bay Urgent Care, 245 Washington St, Monterey, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen Mc Ewen in this video.
Dr. Ellen Mc Ewen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monterey, CA.