Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellen J Robinson
Dr. Ellen J Robinson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with other offices in Hartford, CT and Hartford, CT . She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Robinson is affiliated with Connecticut Childrens Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Ellen J Robinson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Robinson is wonderful. She spends time with you and never rushes you through an appointment. You may have to wait a while to get an appointment but she is worth the wait. You also may have a wait when you are there but that is because she spends time with every patient. However, her support staff is terrible. You get all kinds of misinformation - she's in, she's not in, she's on vacation, she's not on vacation, she is the Hartford office, she's in another office. The lack of communication and getting the runaround is enough to make you leave the practice but I don't because I value Dr. Robinson so much.
When I was looking for a doctor, I asked my two very picky clients and they both recommended Dr. Robinson. I got an appt. in a resonable amt. of time. She diagnosed the problem and immediately got me a date for surgery.I am very pleased with her: she takes quite a bit of time with me even though I am past my child-bearing years. The meds she prescribed worked very quickly. I find her very personable and respondant to my needs. I think she is lovely and I am very grateful I found her.
I was Dr. Robinson's patient for 5 years and liked her. Then I got a UTI while she was on vacation. The office staff gave me the runaround. A covering doc finally called me back to say that she was uncomfortable prescribing for another doc's patients and that I should sit in tea in the bath tub several times a day until Dr. Robinson returned. No joke. I left the practice. Now, on the rare occasion that I get a UTI, the OB/GYN on call prescribes an antibiotic. Duh.
I have gone to Dr. Robinson for the last 6 years. She delivered both of my boys. Both births had complications for differnt reasons. For my second birth, my son was born on Mother's Day and she stayed extra just to deliver. After the next covering doctor even offered to deliver. She stayed to complete the job. She has great bedside manner and is very caring and honest. Many times she has a long wait to see her but once it is your turn she does not rush you and takes the time to listen. She is one of the best in G+O practice.
Dr. Robinson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Ellen J Robinson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen J Robinson in this video.
Dr. Ellen J Robinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.