Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen S Schiaffino-Purvis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 8
Unfortunately, Dr. Purvis left the clinic I was going to and I am not able to see her at her new position. I would give anything to have a primary physician like her again. One who actually listens, acts, and follows up. She doesn't give up until she gets answers to her inquiries/tests, and always kept me informed.
Dr Schiaffino has done an excellent job in caring for me as a PC physician. She pays close attention and listens to what I have to say rather than making decisions detached from what I have learned, over the years, about my body. She has always made sure I am touching all the bases of good health care and is very detail oriented. I would recommend her to anyone!
Dr. Schiaffino-Purvis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Newcastle
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Ellen S Schiaffino-Purvis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 2701 NW Vaughn St Ste 160, Portland, OR
Dr. Ellen S Schiaffino-Purvis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.