Dr. Ellen Shammash Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Shammash?

Posted on September 15th, 2016

I find Dr. Shammash to be very professional and very caring.

Posted on September 15th, 2015

She judged me the moment she walked into the room, because I am overweight. She asked a lot of random questions that didn't seem relevant to arthritis. She never bothered to read my chart, telling me to see a podiatrist about my swollen foot- my chart clearly states I was referred to a rheumatologist by a podiatrist, about the arthritis in my foot, found on x-rays and an MRI. She suggested that for the foot pain and swelling I wear bigger shoes. It has been 2 days since my appointment/lab work/x-rays, and I have not heard any follow-up. This doctor lacks any kind of empathy or understanding, and is very judgmental. I will not schedule another appointment with her.

Posted on March 27th, 2015

Condescending, smug and her diagnosis was not accurate. I carry a simple but lengthy medical history (only 2 conditions -- that's it), and it's important to look at the history to understand the conditions. Seemed to know very little about rheumatology (I'm a student). And not at all proactive in treating patients, she had the wait until permanent irrecoverable joint damage is there before treating.

Posted on July 9th, 2016