Dr. Ellen Shapiro Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Shapiro?

Dr. Shapiro is very good at what she does. However, she is WAY over scheduled and you often have to wait for hours to get in.

Trusting

When my daughter was born the pediatrician told me she needed to have surgery on her kidney and recommended Dr. Shapiro. A few pediatricians scared me about my daughter's condition and the Internet didn't help either. Dr. Shapiro eases my mind about the situation and she explained in detail what my daughter had and the surgery she needed. She seemed extremely knowledgeable and caring. She even went to see us at the hospital even though she was on vacation. My daughter is scheduled to have surgery soon and I know I can trust Dr Shapiro.

disturbing

We waited a total of 7 hours for 2 visits with my 7 month old baby. He had to have surgery with Dr. Shapiro. The stitches were done extremely poorly and his wound began opening very soon after the surgery. During our follow-up Dr. Shapiro did not even know what incision she was looking for. I'm sure she would be a competent doctor, but unfortunately her staff is boggled and inefficient, and as a result she is often rushed and disconnected. I believe she is better known for her kidney expertise, but for other urological issues we had a horrible experience. I am almost horrified at the care we received with this practice.

Horrible wait time.

After arriving for a scheduled appointment, we waited over 2 hours to see the doctor. When it started to look like 3 hours we had to leave, without seeing the doctor, to pick up our other child at school. I can understand doctors running 20 or 30 minutes late, but 2 hours, without warning from the staff, is entirely unacceptable. She may or may not be a good doctor, but the total lack of respect for our time has us reconsidering. If you go, be prepared to wait, or find someone else.

Dr. Shapiro is the kind of doctor you instantly trust

She was kind, gentle and knowledgeable with my baby. After just one visit, I feel like I can really trust her. I really recommend her!