Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen J Tourtelot has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Tourtelot is an overall good physician. She delivered my daughter in 2002 while at Penn State in Hershey, PA. She's a very caring doctor however needs to look outside the box at times. I unexpectedly had PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) and gestational diabetes. I didn't have a huge weight gain but I was big, so large people asked if I was having twins...nope, it was thought it was my pregnancy weight not the baby and that I would deliver average size baby maybe 9 lbs when I asked to have c-section. When I went into labor, NOT until the head was crowning did they figure ooops mistake! But I was already committed to deliver vaginally and I successfully delivered a baby girl weighing in at 10 lbs 15 3/4 oz, with a severe shoulder dystocia and fractured humerus to get her out alive. In the end all is well now my daughter is happy & healthy and shows no residual side affects from birth.
31 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1987
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Ellen J Tourtelot accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen J Tourtelot in this video.
Dr. Ellen J Tourtelot is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.