Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen S Walraven has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ellen S Walraven has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ellen S Walraven has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I had the same experience with Dr. Walraven as the previous person did. I sat and waited on the table in the exam room for an hour and a half, with nothing on but the gown for her to come in. Finally, she did, and gave me a very sub-par exam. She checked my heart and looked at my throat, much unlike my previous Dr. who left the practice to go out of state. Five minutes or less is all I got from her. She also elimated a lot of my previously done lab tests. And like the other reviewer, I had to call the office to get them, and they were cranky with me. Glad I called though, because I had an advanced case of hyperthyroidism, that I'm now having treated. I will not be back to Dr. Walraven, nor Healthcore.
I went to Dr. Walraven for my physical exam (my previous physician had moved out of state). Although she was pleasant, her affect was quite flat. Her follow up to some of my answers to her questions and to some of my concerns was not thorough. She performed the most painful pelvic exam I can remember. No one from the office contacted me regarding tests/lab work results except through the online patient portal. That includes the doctor's comments. My previous physician either called me personally or had someone in the office call to speak with me in person. I will not be going back.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Ellen S Walraven accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsEllen Stockton Walraven Md, 8220 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 600, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen S Walraven in this video.
Dr. Ellen S Walraven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.