Dr. Ellen Weber Is this you?

5 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Weber?

Back when she was fresh out of med school

Posted on December 20th, 2013

I selected Dr. Weber as a my PCP back in 1988. She was in practice with another physician at Brookwood Medical Center. At the beginning of our first visit, I liked her. She seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I then told her I was homosexual. A physician needs to know those things. Her demeanor changed immediately and from that point forward, every time I saw Dr. Weber, I felt I was looked down upon and that she was just trying to get me out of her office. About that time, I began dealing with a severe problem with rhinitis/sinusitis due to a deviated septum, which eventually led to surgery. Multiple visits to and over six expensive prescriptions from Dr. Weber provided no help at all. One night about 11 PM, the pain was so extremely severe that I felt I needed to go to the emergency room. My HMO required physician approval for cases not a matter of life or death, so I called Dr. Weber. Her service dispatched me through to a physician hired to take her calls. He was extremely rude, would not answer questions or give his permission for the ER. When I then asked him what I was supposed to do, he screamed "Take two aspirin and call in the morning!" and hung up on me. I wish I had gotten his name. The next morning, I got in to see Dr. Weber and I told her point blank I did not appreciate the treatment I received from her stand-in. I was extremely unhappy. Dr. Weber examined me, left to spend nearly an hour with a pharmaceutical rep., then returned with another costly prescription (which, again, didn't work). Three days later, I received a registered letter from Dr. Weber explaining that she didn't feel she was capable of treating me anymore. When I found a new physician (who immediately diagnosed the sinus problems and began an appropriate course of treatment which included surgery to correct the septum), Dr. Weber's office repeatedly refused to release my medical records.

Posted on September 19th, 2017