Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellen M Zimmermann has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have had multiple appointments with Dr. Zimmerman and each one has been over 3 hours long due to her overbooking. The last appointment I made was so bad that when it hit the 3 hour mark I got up and left the office. upon my exit I requested that she please refill my prescription which would expire soon. She did not refill my prescription with my pharmacy and it has now been 8 days since I have had my medication. My pharmacy and I have called for the past 2 days trying to get her to send something to them so that I can get the medication that i need to not have a flare up. The staff has informed me that Dr. Zimmerman actually knows that I am out of my medication and has not signed the required paperwork to get my medication filled. I will not be back to see this Doctor and may be leaving this institution.
I agree with you. I went to see her for a second opinion. She ordered the tests, I had them done and she never contacted me to give her professional opinion about what should be done. She basically wrote me off (passed the buck). I was left terrified since my PCD had highly recommended her. Is patient care now all about$$? I will always regret her for that. My hope is that one day someone will leave her hanging with her health in the balance as she did me. Maybe she's just burned out from to many years of PRACTICING medicine.
She used to be good but now she completely changed and like all other g.i.'s, she will push you into getting a colonoscopy when you don't need one so she can get the $8000+ for 5 minutes of work. And if you don't agree to get one, she will give you the worst service ever and treat you like you are worthless to her. If you're not a highly profitable patient to her, she could care less about helping you or paying attention to anything you are saying or help you get better
34 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1984
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Ellen M Zimmermann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsUF Health Shands Childrens Hospital, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellen M Zimmermann in this video.
Dr. Ellen M Zimmermann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.