Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellie H Bloomfield has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
I visited Dr. Ellie Bloomfield in early 2014. I should have known she was only interested in wealthy patients. I was on Cov CA which I considered to be a useless form of medical insurance. Another patient in the room not with Cov CA expounded on and on how he paid extra money to Ellie and she gave him super good care and discovered an underlying condition. He thought she was so clever. But she has a very mean nurse and hardly any staff. I saw her 2 times and was told that Cov CA was a "big mess" so I could just do my own leg work for services. She would be happy to fax over her approval if I wanted to do all the work myself. On my second visit I was told since I hadn't had an abnormal pap smear for 3 times in a row I never needed to have another one in my life. Next she told me that since I had a mammogram the previous year I didn't really need one of those either. Recently I went onto Medicare. The current GYN, a super good doctor, said "Nice but you need a pelvic every year." Then she said she recommended I have a mammogram every year under "A Well Woman Exam." I had needed my eyes checked for GLAUCOMA but Ellie apparently didn't want to be bothered with me. She seemed nice but don't go to her if you don't have bunches of extra money and are on Cov CA.
I recently wrote Dr. B (as we fondly call her) a letter regarding my mothers mental health. My mother is 87 and has had a very difficult year with Life changes and the physical effects of aging. Dr. Bloomfield was very booked that day, yet made the time to speak with me and gave me encouragement. Then she spoke with my mother. My 87 year old mother came home a calmer, kinder individual. The power of "understanding" is a gift the Dr. Bloomfield has and all our family appreciates it.
Generally speaking the doctor is very nice. I've been coming here for years and recently it seems like she doesn't have add much time for patients. Its becoming more and more like a cattle call. At least three patients sign in for the same appt time so you know you won't be seen in time. My most recent visit had over an hour wait but if i was over an hour late, I'd be charged a fee. The office staff can be nice but professionalism seems to be lacking. I've heard countless private details about other purple from the front desk while I'm sitting in the waiting room so I can only imagine what details people have heard about me.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Ellie H Bloomfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEllie H Bloomfield Md, 1808 Verdugo Blvd Ste 403, Glendale, CA
Dr. Ellie H Bloomfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.