Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellin M Berman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Showing 5 of 10
I was treated by Dr Berman for a rare Leukemia and have been in remission since 1986. Since then our 3 daughters were married and have presented us with 8 wonderful grandchildren. I highly recommend Dr. Berman. If from time to time you must wait a little longer for your appointment please do not complain, instead be grateful that such a fine and intelligent person has dedicated her life to medicine and patient care.
was diagnosed in 2006. saw a doctor locally who admitted it would be better to visit sloan kettering for a professional opinion. Doing so i found Dr. Berman who readjusted the treatment. I am not in remission (knock on wood) 3 years later and very pleased having gone to this doctor.sometimes the wait for her is a bit long but its NYC and 10-30 mins is not something people cant handle especially when it comes to seeing one of the best doctors out there for it.she knows me as though i am her only patient, shes very respectful and professional and has helped me out with more than my cancer. any other issue i ever had i went to her for she gave her medical opinion on and if unsure she called for an immediate second opinion.i VERY much recommend her. shes why im here 3 years later writing this.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2011, 2009, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1977
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Ellin M Berman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellin M Berman in this video.
Dr. Ellin M Berman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.