Dr. Elliot Cohen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elliot Cohen?

Awful, Awful Doctor!!!

Posted on July 25th, 2015

Dr Cohen was absolutely horrible! I was a Suboxone patient of his and he treated me as if I was a low life waste time. Furthermore, I was on a medical leave of absence from work while I was his patient and my work needed paperwork from him. Not only did he charge me for the paperwork to be completed, it took him almost a month to submit it and only after multiple calls to him from me and my leave case manager. The utterly rude and disapproving bed side manner that this man possesses is the last thing a recovering addict needs to endure to be successful. My final appointment I had with him, I left the office in tears because of how bad he made me feel about myself. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy and have no idea how he has kept his practice this long!

Highly Recommend

Posted on May 17th, 2015

I would would highly recommend Dr. Cohen -emphatically and without reservation. If you want a Dr. who is a pushover and will do whatever you want and tell you whatever you want to hear, look elsewhere. But if you're serious about your recovery and want a top-notch Dr. who will get you to where you want and need to be, Dr. Cohen is the perfect choice. His candor and straightforwardness are refreshing and helpful. He impresses me as someone who really knows what he's talking about -and just as importantly, he seems to really care about improving the lives of his patients. Lastly, it's worth noting that I went to Dr. Cohen after moving to Colorado Springs from the Midwest -where I had started my treatment with another Dr. (I had to relocate for work) The former Dr. would have been happy to string out my treatment over multiple years -I suppose keeping me as an income source as long as he could. Dr. Cohen took over my treatment upon my moving to Colorado Springs, and was immediately concerned with mapping out my treatment to where I concluded my treatment plan as quickly as reasonably possible. I was thrilled to find a Dr. who cared about me, and was interested in my treatment outcome -as opposed to just seeing me as just a part of his income stream.

Very satisfied!

Posted on January 23rd, 2013

Dr. Cohen is a excellent psychiatrist. I have been his patient for several years, and he and his staff have always been responsive to me and my needs. He pays attention to what I say and responds to me with empathy and concern. He is a no-nonsense professional who gets right to the point. He is an educator and explains things to me in lay terms. The medications that he has prescribed have helped me with a better quality of life, and I am so glad I found him!

Posted on August 13th, 2012

I have bipolar disorder and have seen several psychiatrists over the years because I move a lot. Dr. Cohen is a very nice man, just not a psychiatrist I want on a regular basis. He seemed to be almost disappointed that I wasn't displaying any symptoms of bipolar, and kept asking me if I was having problems; it got to the point where it felt like coercion to tell him I was having some sort of episode. He tried to add to my medication as a "supplement" even though my current regime has kept my mood stable for years. He finally gave up and said I seemed to be doing just fine.When he read over my medical history on a second visit, there was quite a bit of information he got wrong. The concerning part is he didn't seem to care and didn't take notes of the changes.But here's the real kicker...he told me he didn't think I had bipolar disorder, just some occasional difficulty controlling my mood. Considering I was diagnosed nearly 15 years ago and have seen a handful of psychiatrists who have agreed with my bipolar diagnosis, I seriously question whether he should be practicing. One more thing...he has a professional picture of his little dog hanging in the lobby. Don't be shocked when you see that dog prancing around and following Dr. Cohen into his office for an appointment.

Posted on December 6th, 2011

Rude..condescending.Ineffective..we walked out

expected better

Posted on October 30th, 2011

My husband was a patient of Dr Cohen. Dr Cohen was rude. Was more concerned w getting the next patient in than spending sufficient time w my husband. Wasn't very knowlegeable of newer treatment options and when asked about them he was hesitant to educate himself. Often I'd ask him questions about medications, side effects or dianosis and he almost every time had to look it up on his pda. Not impressed.

Posted on December 15th, 2010

My experience with Dr Cohen is the best I've had. He is friendly, professional, and more than competent.

Posted on July 27th, 2010

Dr. Cohen is very professional. Goes the extra to make me feel comfortable. Seems to be truly concerned about his patient.

Posted on October 20th, 2009

Wonderful man. Personable, caring. I enjoy my visits to his office. Diagnosed me quickly and gave me confidence in his ability to treat me.

Posted on May 30th, 2017