Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elliott Gross
Dr. Elliott Gross, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Purchase, NY, with another office in Rye Brook, NY. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Gross is affiliated with Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrenos Medical Center of New York, Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia. He speaks English.
Dr. Elliott Gross has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Elliott Gross has the following 5 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Elliott Gross has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elliott Gross is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Gross is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrenos Medical Center of New York
Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Jacobi Medical Center
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan
Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division
Montefiore Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center
New York United Hosp Med Ctr, Port Chester, Ny
United Memorial Medical Center Bank Street
New York United Hosp Med Ctr
United Hospital Medical Center NY
Montefiore Medical CenterHenry & Lucy Moses Div
United Hospital Ny United
Montefiore Medical Center Moses & Einste
Montefiore Medical Center@Henry & Lucy Moses Div
United Hospital St Paul
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Elliott Gross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elliott Gross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Purchase, NY.