Dr. Elliott Rose Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elliott Rose?

Facial reconstructive surgery, 16 year old boy

Posted on October 26th, 2017

I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Rose and the experience we had with my son’s facial nerve surgery. My son had a TBI at the age of one that left him with profound left side facial weakness. Over the years it affected him in many social emotional ways that was devastating to both he and us as parents. We heard of Dr. Rose in New York and although we live in Ma., we met him and researched his work, he was our surgeon of choice. Our son had a very intense surgery in March 2017 and Dr. Rose and his staff made the experience as tolerable and exciting as possible given the nature of the surgery. He is a gem and I heard many times that he is both a surgeon and a sculpture. My son has a symmetric smile and continues to progress with. We are thankful for his amazing talent and commitment!!!

Life changer

Posted on April 13th, 2017

I had a facial paralysis & went to Dr Rose for surgery. The surgery was pretty painful & the process (physical therapy) pretty long & intense but I am amazed..... this surgery has changed my life. So GRATEFUL. He's a good man & his staff are good people.

Best Doctor Around

Posted on March 27th, 2017

I could not have had a better outcome for a bad laceration that required a skin graft. There is no scaring and I have regained full feeling. He was comprehensive and wanted to make sure that everything was treated perfectly and in the best possible way; I saw him for numerous follow ups - he was patient, answered all of my questions, and was warm. He went above and beyond and followed up with me on the phone. I would recommend him to anyone. I have since sent several people his way.

Top Doctor for sure!

Posted on September 10th, 2016

I have severe hypertrophic scarring on my face. I went to Dr. Rose to see if he could do a scar revision. He was amazing. He carefully evaluated my scars and then gently explained that there were not any surgical options at this time but their were new treatment options in dermatology that he thought would be helpful. He called his colleague, a dermatologist, while I was in the office, explained my case and got me an appointment that same afternoon! It would have been easy for him to send me on my way with a card or number to call but he went above and beyond to help connect me with the right treatment team! Thanks to Dr. Rose I have started my treatment and my scars are improving.. He is kind, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable about his field. I cant recommend him highly enough!

Posted on June 1st, 2016

not good

Posted on February 1st, 2016

Dr. Rose did a tendon implant, facial sling, eyelid surgery and botox on the right side of my daughter's face (she had never recovered fully from Bells Palsy). The outcomes for her eyes were amazing --- this was the area I felt was the most noticeable and even though another doctor had tried to correct it previously, this was a much better result. We like the tendon in the face as it makes it more equal in size to the left side (once the swelling went down and following facial massage) ... still not sold 100% on the sling part but it is better than it was before when she smiles --- the part that bothers her is that it isn't spontaneous or controlled so even when she isn't smiling on the right, the left is still slightly positioned in a smile --- we didn't realize that this would happen but in general, it's not very noticeable and when she smiles, it's much better.

Exceptionally skilled and gifted; An "Artist"

Posted on January 30th, 2016

My experience with Dr. Rose and his immediate medical assistant was exceptional. Direct contact was always prompt, courteous, and pleasant; Correspondence was always immediate and informative. Dr. Rose is an expert in his field. He is one who is exceptionally skilled and gifted in what he does. He, and his assistant are very gracious and kind. I would recommend Dr. Rose without reservation.

Highly Recommended

Posted on May 6th, 2015

Dr. Rose and his staff are extremely professional. He is top notch and a exceptionally skilled surgeon willing to take on challenges many Doctors are not prepared to address. My personal experience was a case a Bells Palsy, which left me with facial paralysis. Specifically sagging watery eye, inability to smile (except like a pirate), communication challenges and partial obstruction of nose causing breathing difficulties. Dr. Rose’s performed the procedure to provide support, called the fascia lata sling. I am 2 months, with great results and in the midst of physical therapy to build up my facial muscle strength. Dr. Rose was upfront, honest and always available, even if on vacation. I would highly recommend Dr. Rose with total confidence.

Awesome Doctor!

Posted on April 13th, 2015

First of all, Dr. Rose is the real deal. He is a top notch reconstructive plastic surgeon. He responded promptly to me at all times, spoke to me on the phone, etc… I felt that Dr. Rose was very easy to talk to and felt he always listened to my concerns, etc… His nurse Nancy is such a pleasant person, helpful and caring. Linda handles a lot of the financial items and can be a little rough around the edges, but for me she was always professional and helpful. I am a 43 year old Male and was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy about 4 years ago. I never suspected that I would not fully recover. However, I was not one of the lucky ones. After more than a year, it was better, but I still had significant facial paralysis on my left side. My ability to smile was gone. My research led me to Dr. Rose as he was one of the few doctors that even performed Facial Reanimation Surgery. From the first moment I spoke to him on the phone, I felt some sense of relief that there was someone that could help me. After meeting with him in NYC, I knew he was the surgeon for me. I needed to get a “gap exception” with my Insurance company, UHC. That took some time, but I followed all of the instructions and took the necessary steps and about 8 months later, the surgery was approved to be paid by UHC. When the gap exception letter came in the mail, I was very excited, but scared to death. My biggest fear was that after the surgery the results would be something that made me regret the whole thing. After all, the surgery was extensive and there were no promises. However, I trusted in God and trusted in the skill of Dr. Rose. He was upfront before I began this journey that he couldn’t get me back to where I was before the Bell’s Palsy, but he could get me close – which he did. I had a total of 4 surgeries. 1st major one, where he performed the major reconstruction (tendon & muscle transfers, etc…) 2nd one, to tighten the sling, etc.. then 2 very minor lip revisions that were performed in the surgical room in his office. It is now a few years later -- I was 39 when diagnosed and 43 today - and I do not regret anything. I am so happy with my results. I feel the surgeries were a huge success. My left eye no longer constantly waters (fortunately, I was always able to close my eye, but he brought up my lower eye lid just enough that it prevent the constant watering – but not enough that it is really noticeable). I can breathe through my left nostril. He placed a small piece of tendon from my leg, and used it to open up my nostril. I had thought about not doing that procedure as I wanted to keep scars down to a minimum and the nostril did not bother me much. However, I am so glad I trusted Dr. Rose’s recommendation. I can breathe normally, and no scars, incision areas are even noticeable to me. My bottom lip no longer curls in, and looks great. The therapy involved was very intense, and took much longer than I expected. However, the therapy was critical. I can now actually smile and not feel so self-conscience. During this process, we adopted a baby girl and it means the world to me that I am able to smile with her. Friends that knew me before the Bells can notice that I still have some minor residuals affects from the Bell’s, but most people that were not aware are quite surprised when I tell them everything I have gone through. . Due to the nature of the surgery there was also a “face lift” element that was done. I was not aware of that until after my first consultation with Dr. Rose. I was a bit nervous that the scars would be noticeable or I would appear to be “done”. That is not the case at all, I look amazing. It took several years off of my face, and it is very natural looking. Being a man, that was very important to me. I was even at another plastic surgeons office for a non-related item and when I told him about the surgeries he did a double take – he had no idea. My jaw line looks like it did when I was in my twenties. Scars hidden or not noticeable. Nice bonus for all the stuff I have gone through. Dr. Rose is a true master at his craft. I have no regrets and feel that my surgery was a huge success. I highly recommend Dr. Rose.

Neck burn

Posted on January 25th, 2015

I had given up hope, Dr. Rose made me feel good about myself again!

Excellent facial repair after MOHs

Posted on January 19th, 2015

I have seen Dr. Rose twice for reconstruction of both sides of the tip of my nose after having MOHs surgery to remove basal and squamous cell skin cancer. Dr. Rose helped me with my first diagnosis six years ago. He clearly and patiently explained the flap surgical technique he would use to repair my nose after the cancerous area was removed. And more important his calm and caring demeanor helped ease my fears. The first time the cancer removal was more extensive than it appeared from the surface yet my face healed wonderfully. This year another cancerous area presented on the opposite side of the nose and, although I no longer live in New York, I never hesitated in calling Dr. Rose again. As before, he and his staff were compassionate and professional. His office and facilities are comfortable and private. The surgery this time was intricate and involved repairing the lining of the nose, using a cartilage graft to reshape the nostril, and flap surgery to repair the skin. Once again the results have been fantastic. I highly recommend Dr. Rose to anyone dealing with skin cancer on their face.

Posted on October 16th, 2014

I came to Dr. Rose for a consultation regarding a facial scar I had from a dog attack. I had been toying with the idea of scar revision surgery for years as the scar always bothered me. It was cloaked right near my mouth on the left side of my face. Although my friends and family always told me it wasn't that bad and that it healed well since the attack, it always bothered me. It was the only thing I saw when I looked in the mirror. Plus, being a teacher means that I'm always around children. Their ability to be honest in the most innocent of ways always ermines me that the scar was there and that it stood out. Nonetheless, I was afraid and unsure about going through with a revision surgery. When I met Dr Rose, I immediately felt that I was in the presence of a true artist and professional. His ability to explain the procedure to me and to ease my fears and reservations amazed me. At the same time, Dr Rose listened to my concerns and understood exactly what results I was looking for. He was honest and forthcoming with what I could expect after the surgery and, even when I wanted to return for re-imaging because I was not 100% satisfied with the first batch, Dr Rose was accommodating and completely understanding. It has now been one week since the procedure and I have already been to the office two times for follow ups. So far, I am very pleased with the results of my scar revision procedure, the attention and care that I am receiving from everyone at the office and especially the caring professionalism and precision of work of Dr. Elliot Rose.