5 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.9

Have you seen Elliott L Schaffer?

Should have asked for my co-pay back

Went there for pain in neck upon palpation and numbness in fingers upon waking and in mornings x1 week. Prior to doctor, assistant took BP -- was supposed to take temp and never did. BP was highest ever for me (148/100). I heard assistant tell Dr. Schaffer BP. Dr. felt my neck -- didn't know what was wrong. Never checked my heart beat or lungs as Dr. Shmokler does. (Dr. Shmokler also re-checks BP himself.) Dr. Schaffer never mentioned my BP. He also shrugged off my numbness saying that's pretty normal. Upon check-out, I expressed my displeasure with another assistant who asked if Schaffer rechecked BP. Negative. She said he must have felt it was viral so no meds for neck. I said I don't know how he knows that because no one took my temp. The other assistant who took my BP asked if I wanted her to take it. I declined and said I'd take it myself when I got home. All-in-all, I can't believe the lack of empathy. My BP was pretty alarming, yet no mention of it by Dr. Schaffer. He just told me to make another appt. for bloodwork and a physical. I should have asked for my co-pay back. Needless to say, I'm presently searching for another doctor.