Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellis J Schwartzenburg
Dr. Ellis J Schwartzenburg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Schwartzenburg is affiliated with Women's Hospital. Dr. Schwartzenburg has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ellis J Schwartzenburg has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Uterine Bleeding (Hematometra)
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Leiomyoma (Smooth Muscle Tumor)
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Tubal Pregnancy
- Endometrial Hyperplasia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I have had the same gynecologist since the age of 16 (I'm now 46) and was very sad to hear he was retiring. I was very nervous to select another doctor. Dr Ellis was recommended to me by a friend who recently had a robotic hysterectomy and couldn't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Ellis was. I decided to make an appointment for my yearly exam with him. From the time he walked in the exam room to the time I left his office I felt so comfortable and knew I selected the right Doctor. I ended up having a robotic hysterectomy and it was one of the best decisions I have made. Surgery was very easy and I now feel like a new person. Dr. Ellis was wonderful in every way. Everything about my experience was top notch. I would highly recommend him to anyone. You will not be disappointed!
Doc has a very kind and gentle way about him. He very knowledgeable and is willing to send as much time with you as you need to answer all of your questions. Office staff is very helpful and are willing to go out of their way to assist you. My daughter was able to get a same day appointment (because of a cancelation). Very pleased with her experience, so much so that she is now switching from her old gyn to this office!
I have been seeing Dr. Ellis since I moved here in 2008. Dr. Ellis is top-notch in every sense of the word and truly practices the art of medicine like it was meant to be done. He recently performed surgery on me (hysterectomy). My anxiety was very small because I had that much faith in his proven skills. My surgery went very well and I am so pleased and better than ever. The hospital stay and surgery went very smooth. He stayed with me from start to finish. He is kind, caring, a very skilled surgeon. If only every physician was like him!
Awesome. Considerate, explains everything without being condescending, won't go anywhere else.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schwartzenburg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1980
Christus Health System
Dr. Ellis J Schwartzenburg accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEllis J Schwartzenburg Md, 9000 Airline Hwy Ste 230, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellis J Schwartzenburg in this video.
Dr. Ellis J Schwartzenburg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.