Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ellison M Berns has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I had to wait for over an hour between the waiting room and the actual room where I was attended even though I arrived on-time for my appointment and brought the documents that the office had requested. I accepted to have a Holter monitor for 24 hours. This was performed at the office and I was told this would be read in less than a week. After waiting for 2 weeks, I sent an e-mail to the office and was told that the monitor had been misplaced in the âreadâ bin. If I had not sent the e-mail I am pretty sure I never would have received the results. It took about another week to get the results. This was very unprofessional and did not increase my confidence of being a patient of Dr. Berns or of the work of the staff at the office. To be honest, after this experience I do not trust that Dr. Berns was able to read the monitor results. How can I know for sure that the device was not reset and my data lost?
Dr. Berns is the best doctor on the planet, Period.I was born with WPW, and Dr. Berns preformed 3 separate cardiac ablations on me over the course of several years.He has an excellent bedside manner, was extremely thorough with his knowledge and expertise, was always available by phone or appointment and his follow up care was superior.Dr. Berns ALWAYS went the extra mile for me, and even met me in the ER once when I needed immediate care.His knowledge of the latest and most appropriate meds was very thorough and I would say he also knew to use prescribe them conservatively.Most importantly, I have been free of my debilitating heart arrhythmia for many years now, and I really do owe it all to him. :)
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Ellison M Berns accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArrhythmia Consultants Of Ct, 1000 Asylum Ave Ste 3206, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ellison M Berns in this video.
Dr. Ellison M Berns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.