Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elly Bhuyan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Elly Bhuyan has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 27
I will never go back to her again. She didn't care to know much about my past history with medications i have taken or procedures i have gone through. Everytime i would go in to see her she was rude and would come out of her office and say oh you have an appointment like it was something no one told her. you could hardly understand her because of her accent. The worst part is everytime i went in to see her she could never remember which medications she had put me on and would ask me what i was taking. It made me feel as though i couldn't trust her to make good judgment calls on what i should take. She is also very pushy. She tries to make you take medicine that you are uncomfortable with or don't want to take. Personally i think she hates her job. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone!
Dr. Bhuyan is an excellent doctor. I have seen her for over 8 years. I had seen several p-docs before her, who prescribed me medications that only exacerbated my condition. She has quick insight, listens to what I have to say, especially in terms of if a medication does not seem like its working, and is quick to work with me on a solution. She is extremely responsive to phone calls, calls back always with in a few hours if you call her during daytime hours. No wait time. I find her quite personable and sweet, unlike some other reviewers. The office staff are wonderful, so sweet and professional. I have recommended her to many people.
She spent a lot of time reviewing psychological workup from UMSL, school report cards and IEP documents, asked may questions. Was very reassuring. Gave medication for my young child conservatively. She explained the medicine to my child as "good and helpful for you if you need it" which was all he needed to know, he trusted her.
Dr. Bhuyan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Elly Bhuyan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Mental Health, 443 N New Ballas Rd Ste 249, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Elly Bhuyan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.