3.9

Have you seen Dr. Ellyn S Shander?

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Makes you dependent by over medicating making you even crazier then when you initially first started seeing her. Had me on 30 pills a day. Ruined years of my life until I woke up. I’m not on any medication and it’s been six years. I’ve been to other doctors and they’ve told me that I’m not what she diagnosed me with.

Silver Hill Hospital

I ended up at Silver Hill in New Canaan June9th,2017. And I was lucky enough to be a patient of Dr. Shander. In my lifetime I've seen a lot of "shrinks" and she BY FAR was the best ever. Compassionate, Competent and very understanding of all my health issues both mental and physical. The care I received from her will stay with me forever. I currently and for the last 12yrs have been treated at Bridges in Milford, Ct. and I intend to find a way to become an out patient of Dr. Shander.

inappropriate treatment

Dr Shander is inappropriate She talks about her personal life to patients She tries to make friends of them She takes calls during sessions

AVOID THIS DR. SHANDER

Had minor post pardom and was sent to this Dr. I spent the next four years of my life in a bed unable to function in day to day life. She had my entire family brainwashed into believing how much I needed her. Yes she does go above and beyond any regular dr. I. Relieve what she does is illegal. Texting in the middle of the night. Speaking with family members against wishes (hippa). She had me on 8 psychotropic drugs at once. I had Dr. induced manic depression. I was naive, I really thought people went into the medical field to help people. This Dr. is a very sick person. One of her patients even hung themselves at silver hill. I suggest if you are under her care to GET OUT IMMEDIATELY. Run for your life. Her intentions are not to make you feel better but for you to be completely dependent on her.

She is more concerned about herself than her patients. Gives advice, not therapy.

What a dynamo

Dr Shander is an amazing Doctor. She really knows her stuff and helps you to understand how your thoughts and behaviors impact your well-being. She is willing to use tough love and compassion to move you beyond where you ever thought was imaginable. 10 star rating. Anyone would be lucky to work with such a dynamic psychiatrist.

Dr. Shander is a great asset to psychiatry

Dr. Shander is a great resource. She is a very skilled psychiatrist and made an accurate diagnosis by using her kind, inquisitive and compassionate nature to learn about my symptoms and worked with me to ensure that I understood her medication recommendations and continuation of care plan. She continued to show interest in my well-being and when I spent almost a year with limited insurance she saw me on a sliding scale. She is truly a gift to this profession and I would encourage anyone struggling with interpersonal difficulties to seek her guidance and clinical expertise.

Best Doctor You'll Ever Have!!!

Dr. Shander is a FABULOUS doctor! I cannot say enough good things about her. It was easy to make an appointment and I saw her soon after. She was on-time and spent a good amount of time with me. It was obvious she was a kind and caring individual, who had my best interests at heart. I appreciated the follow-up after our visits, too. I felt comfortable contacting her for medicine changes and asking questions in between sessions. Over time, I saw how she invested in me and was dedicated to seeing me succeed. The high quality of care I have received from Dr. Shander goes above and beyond all other care I have received from healthcare providers. As a highly trained physician, I was confident in her skills. Her diagnosis was accurate and empowered me to learn more strategies to lead a more successful life. Thanks to Dr. Shander's expertise, I am successful in all areas of my life. I've learned and implemented healthy coping mechanisms. I am proud that I have followed her expert advice and no longer turn to an eating disorder, depression, or anxiety. Today, I volunteer regularly with underprivileged individuals, teach children within an academic setting, am friendly, outgoing and HAPPY! I've learned to look at situations and people with a positive lens, because one day long ago, a doctor did this for me and I can never thank her enough for it. If it weren't for Dr. Shander, I wouldn't have a successful marriage, career, and positive relationships with my family and friends. I highly recommend Dr. Shander.

Amazing Psychiatrist

Dr. Shander is the most amazing psychiatrist I have ever seen. After years of struggling silently she compassionately worked with me to release all the anger and hurt that held me back from living my true potential. I have moved twice -- to VT and VA -- and I still go back to her when there is an existential crisis in my life. She has such care and concern for the true and genuine well-being of her patients. I would recommend her to anyone struggling with mental health challenges. She accurately diagnoses her clients and works to create the best course of treatment for her clients. She spent the time to make sure that I understood the course of treatment and gave me an opportunity to ask questions. This was the first time in my life that anyone asked me about my experience and supported me through the process. Dr. Shander helped me to find my voice and use my strengths to combat the obstacles that stood between me and a successful future. I would not be where I am without her expertise and guidance. I saw a handful of therapists and doctors before I found Dr. Shander through Silver Hill. Since then I have used her as the standard of care for other psychiatrists and clinicians.

Amazing Dr

Dr Shander is amazing. She has been a constant support for me for over 15 years as I transitioned from adolescence to my post-collegiate experience. I truly believed that without her expertise and support I would have lost myself and travelled down a death ending spiral. She has seen me through so much and I am forever grateful for her willingness to care about me when I did not care about myself. I would reccomend her 100x over to anyone struggling with finding their life path.

I give this gifted lady not 4 stars but 5. She is a wonderful loving yet tough love therapist who is not afraid to confront one's battles head on with determination and commitment. God Bless YOU Dr Shande r

"THE NEXT RIGHT THING"

"The next right thing.” “Do the next right thing.” “Just do the next right thing.” When I think about doing the next right thing and especially when I think about NOT doing the next right thing – I can hear Dr. Ellyn Shander’s voice resonating in my head. When I think back to the many poor choices I have made in the past – I only wish that I had had Dr. Ellyn Shander in my life and those very same words coming to my mind. It took me over 20 years of unraveling, 18 different psychiatrists and psychotherapists, falling apart and admitting myself to Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, CT to finally find Dr. Ellyn Shander. I believe that everything happens for a reason – and to this day I know that I was meant to meet the one doctor that has ultimately saved my life, my marriage, my son and my family countless times. I am in a much better place today than I was six years ago when I met Dr. Shander – and even when I hit a bump in the road – Dr. Shander helps me to believe in myself again and reminds that by just doing the next right thing my life will ultimately improve, and that my chances for success and happiness are much greater when if I “Just do the next right thing.”

Dr. Ellyn S Shander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stamford, CT.

Dr. Ellyn S Shander Is this you?