Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elma D Whidby MD
Dr. Elma D Whidby has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elma D Whidby has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Elma D Whidby is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Waste of time seeing this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elma D Whidby - Posted on May 2nd, 2019
Dangerous! Horrible Physcian!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elma D Whidby - Posted on February 19th, 2019
Dr. Whidby is a horrible physcian. She pawns you off on other doctors because she doesn't know enough or doesn't want to take responsibility for your care. Referal after referal is what you should expect.She leaves you hanging when you need her the most. She is slow and you wait forever. Her office manager, Linda, treats people rudely. In all my life, and my experience with different physicians, I have never been treated so disrespectfully. I was talked to and treated like I was an idiot. You are risking your life if you choose her for your physcian. Please take this warning seriously.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elma D Whidby - Posted on November 19th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elma D Whidby - Posted on March 16th, 2015
27 Years Experience
- Univ Of South Carolina
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Elma D Whidby Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNORTH MYRTLE BEACH INTERNAL MEDICAL, 2021 N Myrtle Point Blvd Ste 101, North Myrtle Beach, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elma D Whidby, MD - Internal Medicine in North Myrtle Beach, SC, in this video.
Dr. Elma D Whidby is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Myrtle Beach, SC.