Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Elmer T Carlson has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Elmer T Carlson has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Elmer T Carlson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
great doctor office
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elmer T Carlson - Posted on January 26th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elmer T Carlson - Posted on April 30th, 2014
Although I like Dr Carlson himself, the nurse practitioners he employs are horrible. Julie and Casey in particular I would not recommend seeing. I prefer my kids to stay with one doctor and not get pushed around. Each practitioner should have their own patient base. I will not return to this practice unless seeing Dr Carlson himself.
parent of patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elmer T Carlson - Posted on August 8th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elmer T Carlson - Posted on August 24th, 2011
I love that if there is a problem with children after hours i can call ask for call back and i get a call back for those bumps on the head or the times when its nessary to go to hospital. They have called hospital to let them know i was coming in...i didn't even have to wait... and with a sick child ..it helped alot.. thank you Dr Carlson for caring
Sheila Parker Wayx,Ga.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elmer T Carlson - Posted on July 26th, 2011
Dr. Carlson is a good pediatrician however, his office staff is not personable nor do they seem to care. Bothmy children grew up goig to Dr. Carlson and now my grand daughter is a patient. I am dissapointed in Dr. Crlson's office staff and agree with the other comments posted. Dr. Carlson is good and caring or else my family would change to another doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Elmer T Carlson Accepts the Following Insurance
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLAKE PEDIATRICS, 4880 N Highway 19A Ste 200, Mount Dora, FL
Dr. Elmer T Carlson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mount Dora, FL.