More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Eloisa P Acosta has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Eloisa P Acosta has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Eloisa P Acosta is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
We've been with her for 8 years, My experience in the past two years have been very disappointing having a 3yr old and 8 year old. The visits are very short. The last time I took my child with severe diarrhea for two weeks taking him twice to provide a diagnose no response no assertiveness. Not proactive at all.No promptness no alternatives she could have refer me to a specialist to get an accurate diagnose and she would not move a finger to speed the process after my son had diarrhea for almost a month. Also I encountered a problem with the prescription that is no longer available nationwide for asthma. I called to see what else she could prescribe my daughter and her answer was what do you want me to do if is no longer produced. Are you kidding me? I really do not feel confortable with this type of neglect. I am looking for another pediatrist.
When I took my one week old infant for his first well visit, I inadvertently burst into tears during the exam, as I felt very unprepared and overwhelmed by motherhood.She didn't just care for my son, she cared for me as well, with kind words and sound advice. She's never failed to promptly return my calls; she tells me what milestones- both good and bad- to expect between well visits; when I've needed a same-day appointment for fevers and whatnot getting in has never been a problem.One and half years after that first tearful checkup, I am very happy with her as my son's doctor.
The doctor talks rude sometimes and they charged what they want to charge in front though I have insurance for my daughter. Then, they didn't give me balance. The doctor told me that my daughter had eczema, and a week later, I needed to go back to her because of my daughter's coughing. Though I mentioned her my daughter's skin condition. She just ignored me and didn't even look at my daughter's eczema. She doesn't care kid's health but money. I can't believe that such a doctor exist.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
40 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1978
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Eloisa P Acosta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsACOSTA ELOISA INC, 11114 76th Ave Ste A, Forest Hills, NY
Dr. Eloisa P Acosta is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.