Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eloise L Atkinson-Garza
Dr. Eloise L Atkinson-Garza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Atkinson-Garza is affiliated with St Lukes Baptist Hospital, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and Methodist Mansfield Medical Center. Dr. Atkinson-Garza has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Eloise L Atkinson-Garza has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Eloise L Atkinson-Garza has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Beightler was polite to me and answered my questions. I had a brief experience with her at one appointment, so I can't comment much on her competency. However, I found it very awkward when she was rude to her staff in front of me. It just was poor taste and unnecessary. Short with the sweet nurse, sarcastic with the desk staff. She just put a bad taste in my mouth for her professional mannerism. There really was no excuse for treating people that way, no matter how many initials are behind your name.
The first time I was pleased. The second time I waited over 55 minutes to see her and was seen by her less than ten minutes. She was polite. She has good suggestions. The office staff has not been helpful. After the office cancelled my appointment it has been very difficult to reschedule an appointment for which I have already waited for several months.
Short wait and very professional handling by staff. Very skilled at diagnosing and treating skin issues such as basil cell carcinoma. Minor surgery in office always trouble free and without pain. Very good with people -- patients and staff. Very skilled at sutures leaving skin without evidence they were ever there.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Atkinson-Garza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Eloise L Atkinson-Garza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Associates Of San Antonio, 18540 Sigma Rd, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Eloise L Atkinson-Garza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.