Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Elpidio A Abreu
Dr. Elpidio A Abreu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocoee, FL. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abreu is affiliated with Orlando Regional South Seminole Hospital, Florida Hospital Waterman and Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Abreu has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Elpidio A Abreu has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elpidio A Abreu has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 4 of 16
I can't say enough about this wonderful man. He cared for my grumpy father in law the same as he would his own parent. He made sure my father in law got some surgery he needed while hospitalized; the other doctors were not sure whether to go ahead with something we felt he really needed. Dr. Abreu went to bat for him and was always looking out for his whole health. After my father in law passed away, we even got a sympathy card from Dr. Abreu's office. What incredible compassion and care!
I have been seeing Dr. Abreu in a dialysis center and will soon be seeing him in his office as dialysis is no longer needed. He has been smart, able to explain things so that I can actually understand, provide alternatives, recommendations, but all while being respectful of me as a human being. He is a godsend - I am so thankful for him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Abreu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Elpidio A Abreu accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsNEPHROLOGY ASSOCIATES OF CENTRAL FLORIDA PA, 1552 Boren Dr, Ocoee, FL
Dr. Elpidio A Abreu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ocoee, FL.