Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elsira M Pina
Dr. Elsira M Pina, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH, with another office in Cincinnati, OH. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Pina is affiliated with University Of Cincinnati Medical Center. Dr. Pina has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Elsira M Pina has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Elsira M Pina has the following 9 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Lung Cancer
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Elsira M Pina has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Pina seems very competent. However, her staff is terrible. Sent me to UC hospital for an involved test w/o telling me that I could not have coffee for 8 hrs prior or use my inhauler for 24 hrs prior. It took 2 wks and 2 phone calls from me to get blood work results. I received apologies from the doc and her staff, but that was not acceptable. I wonder if she will reimburse me for the 2-1/2 hours of work that I missed and the 1/4 tank of gas to go to UC Hospital and NOT be able to be given the test. I won't be returning to this doctor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Pina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Elsira M Pina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elsira M Pina in this video.
Dr. Elsira M Pina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.