Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elson M Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 3 of 3
The clinic staff isn't the greatest but Dr Thomas seems like a well-trained doctor. I saw him for a second opinion for renal failure after having been told by my old kidney doctor that I need to start hemodialysis 1 month ago. Dr Thomas has common sense, education and is caring. He determined that I don't need dialysis, at least not yet. It has been 3 months since I first saw him so I guess his assessment was spot on!
I had seen 4 other doctors including a trip to the emergency room for pain in my headaches. The headaches had been going on for months. Other doctors had ordered many tests and scans but I never got an answer for my headache. After my visit with Dr Thomas, he not only diagnosed me correctly, he also was able to formulate a treatment plan! I would recommend him to any of my family members!
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Elson M Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJonathan J Dora Md, 902 Frostwood Dr Ste 270, Houston, TX
Dr. Elson M Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.