Dr. Elton Strauss Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elton Strauss?

Patient

Posted on September 17th, 2013

I PERFORM ME SEVERAL COMPLICATE SURGERY. ONLE A CAN SAY HE IS THE MASTER I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DESCIBE HOW EXCEPTIONAL .MORE THAN 8 SURGERY. AND NOW I'M UP HE RE-ATTACHE MY AMPUTATED LEG SOMETHING ALMOST MIRACLE. ONLY GOT .I THING CAN DO THIS THANK DOCTOS I WILL GIVE YOU NO FIVE STAR . I GIVE THE WHOLE FULL SKY.

A terrible experience lasting over 7 years

Posted on July 14th, 2013

Elton Strauss operated on me 7 1/2 years ago for a ruptured quadriceps tendon. When I awoke from surgery in pain, I asked the recovery room nurse for something, but was told all I could have was Tylenol. When I asked why, she said it was because I have sleep apnea. I explained i have obstructive sleep apnea and use CPAP, so please ask the doctor to prescribe something stronger. She told me that Dr Strauss had left for vacation, and she didn't know who was covering. I spent a sleepless night in great discomfort, until an attending came the next day. Three weeks later, it became obvious that the area of the tendon repair had become infected MRSA (methacllin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. What Strauss did next constituted gross malpractice: he rushed me to the OR and performed arthroscopic debridement of my asymptomatic left knee, ignoring the sight of infection. Then when infections recurred, Strauss wanted to perform an open knee debridement, absolutely contraindicated in this situation. What should he have done? First, obtain cultures, easy to do because the wound was draining. Next, start a broad spectrum antibiotic. Third, get MRI imaging to determine the site of infection. Over the 7 years since Dr. Strauss operated, I have had to undergo two surgeries. Each time surgeons removed the contaminated non-absorbable suture material that Elton Strauss used. Removing all foreign material from a site of infection is one of the most basic principles in surgery.

Grace

Posted on March 16th, 2011

I found Dr. Strauss to be a good listener and very thorough. He seemed genuinely concerned and treated me with kindness. He is a dog lover (I am, too) and took the time to tell me a bit about the agility class he goes to with his dog. I had a very positive experience. My knee is healing, and I am grateful for his services. I would highly recommend Dr. Strauss.

Good Doctor. Funny. Solved my problem

Posted on March 16th, 2011

Dr. Strauss is funny and nice. He healed my broken ankle. He spent lots of time explaining what he was doing and motivated me to work hard to heal after the surgery. I liked when he told me about training his dog.

Posted on January 17th, 2011

He tackled a situation other surgeons felt was too difficult for them. He saved my leg and I am free to work and travel albeit with the use of a cane when outside of my home.He was always pleasnt and injected some humor into my followup visits. I have seen him very caring with other patients.

what happened to doctors that care about your health and not how they going to get paid

Posted on August 6th, 2010

this doctor was more concerned with payment method than my conditionclerk would be a better word to describe him what happened to the human interaction?not a friendly guy at alli do not recommend him for anybody

Posted on February 21st, 2017