Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elva Lopez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Elva Lopez has the following 15 expertise
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Elva Lopez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elva Lopez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
Dr. Lopez delivered my first child and I was very pleased with her. She always was patient and answered all of my questions during office visits. I wanted a natural delivery, and despite an induction, was able to do so without an epidural. I found her to be conscientious, and was glad she was so accommodating to my decision to use a doula. I am still not sure the induction was necessary, but I also understand that there is a lot of pressure on doctors to avoid any potential for risks, and I am confident most any other doctor would have been as insistent given fetal growth pattern.
The office staff is rude and ignorant. The wait time is ridiculously long. I was supposed to have a repeat C-section & was told it was to be scheduled on a certain day. The day before, I went to check on any arrangements/paperwork that needed to be ready and was told I had to wait an extra 3 days and deliver at a different hospital. I was so upset that I went into labor that very day. When I arrived at Memorial Hospital, in labor, I was told it wasn't really labor and that the shooting leg pain could last up to 2 weeks and just go home and take Tylenol. This coming from Dr. Lopez herself. I did go home, and within 20 minutes I was back at the hospital as my water had broken. Since I was a day "early" to deliver per regulations, I was not given the C-section until I was already pushing the baby out. The pain was agonizing and there was no reason I had to endure all of this. I was treated by the staff at Memorial Hospital and Dr. Lopez as if I was a complete moron.
I have been a patient of Dr. Lopez for 12 years, she has delivered all 4 of my children (also my niece and nephew). I think she's great, she always sits and chats with me and answers any questions I may have. For my last baby I wanted a Vbac very badly and Dr. Lopez was very supportive and was willing to do anything it took to allow me to attempt a safe vabc. Unfortunately my baby decided he wanted to be nearly 10 pounds and was giving no signs of an impending birth and I had to have my 3rd c-section, Dr. Lopez was very empathetic to my feelings and was very supportive knowing how disappointed I was and helped me refocus on the goal being a healthy happy baby. I love all the ladies in the office, Maria and Rosie are so nice and always want to chat, I feel like all these ladies care about me, Dr. Rivera can be a bit abrasive sometimes, but has always showed me kindness when I've seen her and was also there for me and very supportive when I needed a biopsy done. All in all I have a ton of experience with these ladies and have know them all for 12 years and they are great!
I was a patient for 3 years and would/have recommended dr. Lopez to friends and family! She listened to me and helped me understand. Waiting wasn't too bad as any other doctors office.
Dr. Lopez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Elva Lopez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBakersfield Center For Womens Health, 2525 Eye St Ste A, Bakersfield, CA
Dr. Elva Lopez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.