Dr. Elva Lopez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elva Lopez?

wonderful

Dr. Lopez delivered my first child and I was very pleased with her. She always was patient and answered all of my questions during office visits. I wanted a natural delivery, and despite an induction, was able to do so without an epidural. I found her to be conscientious, and was glad she was so accommodating to my decision to use a doula. I am still not sure the induction was necessary, but I also understand that there is a lot of pressure on doctors to avoid any potential for risks, and I am confident most any other doctor would have been as insistent given fetal growth pattern.

Best doctor and surgeon I ever had . Thankyou Dr.Lopez

You are the best.

Disaster

The office staff is rude and ignorant. The wait time is ridiculously long. I was supposed to have a repeat C-section & was told it was to be scheduled on a certain day. The day before, I went to check on any arrangements/paperwork that needed to be ready and was told I had to wait an extra 3 days and deliver at a different hospital. I was so upset that I went into labor that very day. When I arrived at Memorial Hospital, in labor, I was told it wasn't really labor and that the shooting leg pain could last up to 2 weeks and just go home and take Tylenol. This coming from Dr. Lopez herself. I did go home, and within 20 minutes I was back at the hospital as my water had broken. Since I was a day "early" to deliver per regulations, I was not given the C-section until I was already pushing the baby out. The pain was agonizing and there was no reason I had to endure all of this. I was treated by the staff at Memorial Hospital and Dr. Lopez as if I was a complete moron.

I have been a patient of Dr. Lopez for 12 years, she has delivered all 4 of my children (also my niece and nephew). I think she's great, she always sits and chats with me and answers any questions I may have. For my last baby I wanted a Vbac very badly and Dr. Lopez was very supportive and was willing to do anything it took to allow me to attempt a safe vabc. Unfortunately my baby decided he wanted to be nearly 10 pounds and was giving no signs of an impending birth and I had to have my 3rd c-section, Dr. Lopez was very empathetic to my feelings and was very supportive knowing how disappointed I was and helped me refocus on the goal being a healthy happy baby. I love all the ladies in the office, Maria and Rosie are so nice and always want to chat, I feel like all these ladies care about me, Dr. Rivera can be a bit abrasive sometimes, but has always showed me kindness when I've seen her and was also there for me and very supportive when I needed a biopsy done. All in all I have a ton of experience with these ladies and have know them all for 12 years and they are great!

Excellent

I was a patient for 3 years and would/have recommended dr. Lopez to friends and family! She listened to me and helped me understand. Waiting wasn't too bad as any other doctors office.

Very Diapointed

My average wait time was about 90 minutes. She does not have good bedside manner and me being a very busy person did not appreciate being notified 2 hour prior to my appintment that I needed to be reschuduled. My question where responded with very little concern and was charged a no show when I called that morning. Very disapointed

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately , this happens on rare occasion because of hosptial deliveries and emergencies. WE do try our best to accomadate patients when this happens.

Dr. Lopez is a great doctor

I have gone to Dr. Lopez for about 7 years. While she is a bit shy/reserved, i find her easy to talk to. She makes me feel comfortable and always asks if I have any questions. She is very informative and makes sure I understand her explanations. Two downsides: wait time is always more than an hour (closer to 1.5 hours); she does not deliver at Mercy SW. I do recommend her though.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive comments. We have worked on our schedule the wait time is better . I appreciate your comments!

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I just switch my health insurance from Blue Shield to Blue Cross. I had my new id# and group#. The receptionist was rude and said they had to reschedule me until I had my actual insurance card. I thought this was absurd and I told her, what if this was an emergency, and she said I'm sorry we need the card. The staff here is so incompetent and I'm no longer going to this Dr.

best doctor

i went to dr lopez a few weeks ago as a new patient, and i must say she is excellent, i was sick for a very long time and went through five hospitals and doctors with no answers she found out right away what was wrong with me, and she is very nice and took her time to explain things to me

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I appreciate them!!

very soft spoken

Seems like she take orders from Dr. Rivera more them herself...she takes orders from others..like others are running the show....they just want their GLOW bussiness to pick up.

Doctor's Response

These are not true statments. I dont understand the motivation behind these comments. I do resect Dr. Rivera and she is an equal partner.

Don't Do It

I happened 2 work with this doctor and people are 100% correct when they say she is incompetent. The people behind the scenes know the real information you need to know so if you see this doctor run the other way.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately a disgruntled employee. We have kept the most experienced and competent employees on staff.

Dr. Lopez is a great Dr.

Dr. Lopez has been my Gyno for years she is a great Dr. She is a real caring person i highly reccomend her as a Gynocologist and Obstetrician.She makes me feel comfortable and i like the way she takes time with me to hear about my health concerns and or issues, she is a wonderful Dr. I couldnt be happier, i highly reccomend her and Dr. Rivera they are great people..

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing these positive comments. I appreciate your support!!