More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elvira Garcia has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elvira Garcia has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Elvira Garcia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
We have been taking our daughter to Dr. Garcia since she was born and she is now almost 2 years old. Today will be the last time she ever has to endure another 3 to 4 hour wait to be seen. Each and every time we have ever went for a scheduled appointment we are not even called forward for about 2 hours! Then, once you are in an actual room you will have to wait another hour or more for Dr. Garcia to even come in. This is unprofessional and completely unacceptable. I'm a realist, and I understand that doctors get busy but each and every time for 2 years is ridiculous. Don't tell me to be there for a 10:30 appointment and then finally call me back at 1pm! This doctor's office doesn't make the grade. Steer very clear of this place. I'm contacting Tricare to report this practice.
Helps you understand anything that is going on with your child. the Whole office staff is very attentive and caring especially if you call with a problem they try and give you help until you come in for your appt. Dr. Garcia is very easy to talk to and ask questions and very good about listening and helping answer those questions, i wouldn't ever change her for another doctor
32 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1986
Memorial Hermann Hospital System
Dr. Elvira Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAbilene Pediatric Specialists, 6250 Regional Plz Ste 1030, Abilene, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elvira Garcia in this video.
Dr. Elvira Garcia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abilene, TX.